The Disney Magic is the ship that launched a million dreams. Walt said that Disney all started with a mouse. Well, Disney Cruise Line began with a bit of magic. In 2013, the Disney Magic went into an extended dry dock to update, renovate and reinvigorate the staterooms, dining rooms, pools and theaters. The AquaDunk was added and the Youth Activity Centers were redesigned. Each year the Disney Magic sails to Canada, New England, the Bahamas, Caribbean and Europe.
Disney Magic Fun Facts
- Maiden Voyage: July 30, 1998
- Godmother: Patty Disney
- Atrium Icon: Helmsman Mickey
- Length: 984 ft.
- Staterooms: 875
- Guest Capacity: 2,713
- Crew: 950
Main Dining Rooms
The Disney Magic has three main dining rooms (MDRs) and one signature adults only restaurant. Guests rotate between these dining rooms each night.
- Lumiere’s, inspired by Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
- Carioca’s, a fun, Brazilian dining local.
- Animator’s Palate, the innovative dining room which changes before your eyes.
- Palo (adults only), refined Italian cuisine and wines.
Casual Dining on DCL
- Cabanas serves buffet-style breakfast and lunch. At night it transitions into a casual alternative to the MDRs.
- Pete’s Boiler Bites is where you grab hamburgers, veggie burgers, hot dogs and fries.
- Pinocchio’s Pizzeria serves traditional pizzas as well as creative concept pizzas.
- Daisy’s De-Lites has fresh fruits, veggie plates, wraps and panini sandwiches.
- Cove Cafe (adults only) serves fresh brewed coffee and sweet treats. Baristas prepare you coffee drink, and with access to a full bar, you can customize your coffee anyway you like. (Specialty coffees are not included in your fare. You will be charged, and a tip for the barista is customary.)
Jet lag and fussy kids are just a couple of reasons guests choose DCL’s In Room Dining. DCL offers room service 24-7, and it is included in the price of your cruise. Well, mostly. If an item, like soda, is not included, the menu will clearly note the price. It is customary to tip the crew member delivering your tray with cash – USD only.
It’s a cruise, and you want to get your splash on. I mean, your kids want to get their splash on. Guests onboard the Disney Magic enjoy pools, splash zones, and my favorite, the AquaDunk!
- Goofy’s Pool
- Nephews’s Splash Zone
- Quiet Cove Pool (adults only)
- Hot tubs
Please note, per maritime law, swim diapers are not allowed in the pool or hot tubs. Children must be completely potty trained to swim. Splash zones are provided for children needing to wear swim diapers.
DCL Prep School Tip: Please adhere to the no-swim-diaper rule. All passenger ships are required to follow these guidelines. Every time an accident occurs, the pool is closed, drained and power washed – a process which takes 2-3 hours. No one wants to get ready to swim, only to arrive at a pool closed for cleaning!
Spa & Fitness
Need to work off the Pirate Night Buffet? Or do you need a deep-tissue massage to destress from you life on shore?
- Full-service gym (adults only)
- Wide World of Sports Deck
- Senses Spa (adults only)
- Chill Spa (teens)