Sitting 129 miles southwest of Miami, Key West, Florida is America’s southernmost city. An eclectic mix of local entertainment, beautiful waters and seriously free-range chickens, greet guests to this island city each day.
- Head south to the southernmost terminus of US Highway 1 and State Road A1A in the continental U.S. So there is no confusion, signs clearly mark the spot. Bring your camera, as you will want plenty of photos of your visit to this monumental point.
- Sloppy Joe’s: Sure it’s touristy watering hole, but when in Rome, I mean, the Keys, embrace it. The doors open at 9:00am local time.
Top Port Adventures
- Glass Bottom Boat on the Pride of Key West: Splashy views of coral reefs and tropical fish.
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Tour: Frolic with the butterflies and explore ocean life in the Key West Aquarium.
- Key Lime Bike Tour: A 2 1/2 hour cycling tour, specifically for active land lubbers.
When researching Port Adventures, pay special attention to age restrictions and mobility requirements.