I’ve seen it so many times: Parents wanting to sail with Disney while their kids are small, before they “outgrow” the magic, or parents who already have teens who think their kids are too old to find anything interesting to do onboard.
To which I say this — Disney Cruise Line is fantastic for teens and tweens! Let’s take a look.
In this article
What will teens and tweens find on Disney Cruise Line?
Edge is the kids club for tweens ages 11-14. Vibe is just for teens ages 14-17. Both of these spaces were designed with teens in mind. Each club has technology stations, video games and a large screen for activities and showing movies, but what is impressive is that Disney doesn’t depend on this tech to entertain and “babysit” your kids. Instead, tech is integrated in fun and imaginative ways to engage young guests.
How do they do that? Easy! DCL has some of the best Youth Activities Centers (with the longest complementary operating hours) at sea. And the heart of these spaces are the Counselors. These Crew Members organize games and activities, keep the spaces clean and sanitized, handle behavioral issues if needed until parents arrive, and make sure your teens have the cruise of a lifetime. No easy task considering new kids enter their care every few days.
Disney Dream & Disney Fantasy: Forward Funnel (Deck 13)
Disney Magic & Disney Wonder: Midship (Deck 9)
Edge on the Disney Dream & Disney Fantasy
Edge on the Disney Magic & Disney Wonder
Activities: This is just a small sampling of the fun to be had in Edge.
- Brains and Brawn: Ship wide scavenger hunt.
- That’s Hilarious: Improv workshop where kids put their acting skills to the test.
- Pizza Perfection: Part trivia game, part food craft, totally delicious!
- Outings to the sports deck.
- Movies (and movie trivia)
- Free time and so much more!
Check your Personal Navigator as activities vary by ship and itinerary.
Disney Dream & Disney Fantasy: Deck 5
Disney Magic & Disney Wonder: Deck 11 (Entrance stairway/elevator on Deck 10)
Activities: Here are just a few of the activities waiting for your teen at Vibe.
Teens on the Disney Dream & Disney Fantasy will get to hang out in Vibe’s teens-only sundeck. This outdoor space has plenty of lounging space, a splash pool and pop jets.
- Zombiefied: Has your teen ever wanted to be an extra in a Hollywood feature film? Here’s their big chance. Zombified lets them unleash their inner zombie while creating a movie that friends and family will be invited to the big premier in the Buena Vista Theatre on the last night of the cruise.
- Gotcha: While the rules of this game elude my adult brain, it is a ship-wide game of spies and tag. Really, that’s all I understand, but my kids love it!
- Teen Download: The ultimate interactive mix of tech and dream vacation planning, teen-style.
Activities vary by ship and itinerary.
Does your teen have a wild side? Does your itinerary include a day at Castaway Cay? If you answered yes to both of these questions then the teens-only Wild Side Port Adventure is definitely for them! No parents or little siblings allowed! But rest assured, Disney’s Youth Activities Counselors will accompany the teens throughout their adventure
Teens will get to
- Bike on the Castaway Cay airstrip (which was once actually used as a runway on the island).
- Ride on a high-speed rigid hull boat.
- Snorkel and explore the exotic waters of Castaway Cay.
- Finish the Port Adventure at the Teen Hideout (Castaway Cay’s Teens-Only area).
On Deck Fun
It’s not all about Edge and Vibe. Disney Cruise Line has awesome pools, hot tubs and the very first water coaster at sea!
The AquaDuck (on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy) is a more than just a water slide at sea. It’s a water coaster, taking riders up and blasting them down. Most of the tube is clear which allows you to take in all the scenery surrounding you.
The AquaDunk (on the Disney Magic) is the most adrenaline-pumping water slide at sea. Of course, that is my own opinion… but check out this animation, and see for yourself!
It’s no secret that Disney Cruise Line shows first-run feature films in the Walt Disney Theatre and the Buena Vista Theatre. However, did you know that both spaces house full-size movie screens capable of showing movies in 3-D? And now that both Star Wars and MARVEL are a part of the Disney family, you can bet that during your sailing the latest super hero saga or galactic adventure will be playing. Check your Personal Navigator for times and theatre locations.
Wrap Up & Video Blog
With all of these great activities, spaces and even a teen-only port adventure, your teens and tweens will have plenty to enjoy on Disney Cruise Line! Want to hear my take on it… check out my latest video blog on Cruising With Teens!
Looking to book a cruise with your teens? Let me help you. Just complete the Request for a DCL Quote Form, and I will assist you in planning the ultimate family voyage.