Cruise Critics Cruisers’ Choice Destination Awards for 2017 have been announced, and Disney Cruise Line took home a the award for Top Rated Cruise Line Private Island. Earlier this year the 2017 Cruiser’s Choice Awards were also announced, and DCL won top honors in many categories.
In this article
Top Rated Cruise Line Private Island
This comes as absolutely no surprise to you savvy DCL Prep School readers. Castaway Cay earned its spot at the top of the Cruise Critic’s Cruisers’ Choice Awards two years in a row. Family beaches, bikes, snorkeling, stingrays, adults only beach, teens-only Port Adventures… the list of what makes Castaway Cay so fantastic goes on and on! We are glad the community of cruisers at the Cruise Critic agree.
In both the Large Ships and Mid-Sized Ships categories, Disney Cruise Line won top honors. The Disney Dream and the Disney Magic, respectively, were favorites among Cruise Critic reviewers. The Disney Fantasy ranked 5th in the Large Ships category, while the Disney Wonder was ranked 4th, proving what we already know, a Disney Cruise Line vacation is one of the best cruises at sea!
More Top Honors for the Disney Dream
No doubt about it, the Disney Dream is fantastic. These are the other categories which the Disney Dream swept the competition:
- Best Cruise Ship for Public Rooms (Disney Fantasy was #2)
- Best Cruise Ship Cabins (Disney Fantasy was #2)
- Best Cruise Ships for Service (Disney Fantasy was #4)
- Best Cruise Ships for Shore Excursions
How Winners are Chosen
“Rankings are based on ratings given by our members in published member reviews; awards are based on port reviews from July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017. Ports must have a minimum number of member reviews and ratings in a particular category in order to be included in that category’s top 5 list.”
For Cruise Ships:
- Rankings are based on ratings given by our members in published member reviews; awards are based on 2016 cruise reviews.
- Ships must have a minimum number of member reviews and ratings in a particular category in order to be included in that category’s top 10 list.
- Ship size is designated as follows:
- Large ships: 2,000+ passengers (double occupancy)
- Mid-size ships: 1,200 – 1,999 passengers (double occupancy)
- Small-mid ships: 400 – 1,199 passengers (double occupancy)
- Small ships: 399 or fewer passengers (double occupancy)
- Ratings shown have been rounded to the first decimal place, although they are calculated to the 8th decimal place and ordered as such; in the unlikely event of an exact tie, tied ships will instead order by the highest number of records entered, then alphabetically.