Disney Cruise Line released all new details about the 2018 Star Wars Day at Sea cruises, which return for select sailings on the Disney Fantasy in January 2018 and run through April.
What Is Special About a Star Wars Day at Sea Cruise?
Disney brings forth galactic fun for the whole family with
- a deck party starring your favorite heroes and villains.
- meet and greets with Star Wars characters.
- the Jedi Training Academy.
- special games in the Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab.
- unique food and beverage offerings.
- Star Wars-DCL merchandise.
- and, of course, screenings of the Star Wars films in the Buena Vista Theatre.
New For 2018
The Dark Side
- To kick off Star Wars Day at Sea celebrations, in a one-time experience the night before the event, Darth Vader and Stormtroopers will march into the ship’s atrium for an Imperial takeover.
- Kylo Ren will appear in “Jedi Training Academy,” where young Jedi-in-training summon their courage and the Force to face off against Darth Vader and Kylo Ren.
- Rey will take the stage in the “Summon the Force” nighttime deck show that celebrates great moments from across the Star Wars galaxy including iconic characters and new favorites, complete with an epic fireworks finale accompanied by John Williams’ iconic music.
- In “Porgs Onboard! Scavenger Hunt,” Chewbacca needs help tracking the Porgs that have been wreaking havoc throughout the ship. You can help find and decode secret messages to solve a ship-wide quest and be greeted by everyone’s favorite Wookiee at the end of their adventure.
- In the days leading up to the epic celebration, you can check out all of the Star Wars feature films in the Buena Vista Theatre, culminating in a showing of the newest film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
Fun for the whole family
- New in 2018, you are guaranteed a time to meet and take photographs with C-3PO and R2-D2, Chewbacca and Darth Vader. Before they even step onboard, they have the chance to reserve these character encounters online under the My Disney Cruise section of disneycruise.com.
- You can step into the saga and pose with a life-size replica of Han Solo frozen in Carbonite, as well as other cool Star Wars-themed backdrops.
- In Star Wars Drawing Academy, you can learn to draw some of their favorite Star Warscharacters and a new character from “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
- Star Wars-themed interactive games, trivia and activities for the whole family will be hosted by Disney cruise staff on the pool deck and in the D Lounge.
These are the droids you’re looking for
- C-3PO will make an appearance in Star Wars: Command Post in Disney’s Oceaneer Club. During a special activity, children train to be members of the Resistance and fend off the First Order. C-3PO pays a visit to check on their training and further human-cyborg relations.
- Droid Racing is a fast-paced activity that the whole family will enjoy where Guests can race BB-Unit droids around a course in the ship’s atrium.
- In a hands-on activity for families, everyone tests their skills to become master droid builders and create an intergalactic droid.
All of these cool new experiences are included in a Star Wars Day at Sea cruise.
Dates for 2018 Star Wars Cruises
Star Wars cruise run from early January through April, exclusively on 7-Night sailings on the Disney Fantasy.